Please follow these steps to establish a connection:
- Unplug the adapter and reset the network settings of your iOS device:
Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network settings
This step is necessary to avoid connection interruption!
- Uninstall the app and restart your mobile phone.
- After restarting the phone, reinstall the app from the Apple App Store.
- Plug the adapter into the OBD socket on the vehicle and turn on the ignition.
- Start the App and log in.
- Switch on the flight mode on your iPhone.
- Open the WiFi settings of your mobile phone, switch on the WiFi and connect to the 'Carly Adapter' WiFi.
- Now select your vehicle, start your engine and click on "connect".
The Carly Universal Adapter can be used for all brands and models from 2001 onwards and for Mercedes from 2005 onwards.
The Generation 1 Adapter can be used for Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda models from 2008 onwards, Mercedes and BMW E models.
The black Generation 2 Adapter can be used for BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota and Renault but only with iOS.
The white Generation 2 Adapter can be used for BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota and Renault but only with Android.
The black PLUS Adapter can only be used for Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda in conjunction with iOS.
The white PLUS Adapter can only be used for Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda models in conjunction with Android.
Important to note: the BMW G models are our number one priority at the moment, because of the high demand. We do support most of the new software, but some of the versions of the new ECU's are still in the development phase.