You have a lifetime warranty on adapter.
Please follow these steps to establish a connection and exclude adapter as a source of error:
- Unplug the adapter and reset the network settings of your iOS device (this step is necessary to avoid connection interruption): Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network settings
- Uninstall the app and restart your mobile phone
- After restarting the phone, reinstall the app from the Apple App Store
- Activate location in your phone settings
- Plug the adapter into the OBD socket on the vehicle and turn on the ignition
- Start the App and log in
- Switch on the flight mode on your iPhone
- Open the WiFi settings of your mobile phone, switch on the WiFi and connect to the 'Carly Adapter' WiFi --> make sure to choose the right adapter model from the adapter list (you can find the overview of Carly adapters below👇)
- Now select your vehicle (make sure you selected the right car brand and model), start your engine and click on "connect".
If you still have difficulties to connect or you think your adapter may be broken, please contact our support and write us that you have already gone through these steps 😊
Carly Adapters Overview:
The GEN 1 Adapter
Only for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda models from 2008 onwards, Mercedes and BMW E models.
The black GEN2 Adapter
For BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota and Renault, but only with iOS.
The white GEN2
For BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota and Renault, but only with Android.
The black Plus Adapter :
For VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda models in conjunction with iOS
The white Plus Adapter:
For VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat models in conjucntion with Android
The Universal Adapter:
For all brands and models from 2001 onwards and for Mercedes from 2005 onwards. It is compatible with both operation systems - Android and iOS. Currently, we sell only the Universal Adapter. The old generation adapters can not be purchased anymore.
Important to note: If you have BMW of 1996-2000, you need additionally a 20 pin cable.
The BMW G models are our number one priority at the moment, because of the high demand. We do support most of the new software, but some of the versions of the new ECU's are still in the development phase.