The Universal Adapter can be used for all brands and models from 2001 onwards and for Mercedes from 2005 onwards. You have a lifetime warranty on the adapter functionality.
Please follow these steps to establish a connection and exclude the adapter as a source of error:
- reinstall the app and restart your phone
- remove all Bluetooth devices from your Bluetooth list
- activate "Location" in your phone settings
- unplug and replug the adapter and check that the blue LED flashes once per second (If this is not the case, then write us how your adapter flashes)
- make sure your Bluetooth is activated (do not manually connect to the adapter in the settings of your phone)
- start the engine
- start the app and select the right car brand and model
- click on ""connect"" inside the app
- make sure to choose the Universal Adapter from the app adapter list / check if you chose the Universal Adapter
Important: Make sure, that you have activated "location" in your phone settings and chosen the right car brand and model!
If you do not have the other model of the same year in the option list, then you can choose a Ford model of any year. This can help to 99%, because similar models of the same building year have the same installed control units. In this way, the general OBD functions are available to you, unfortunately no manufacture diagnostic or other functions, since Ford is a non-core brand.
If you still have difficulties to connect or you think your adapter may be broken, please contact our support https://carly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and write us that you have already gone through these steps 😊