Difference between the manufacture- and OBD diagnostics:
👉We offer two kinds of car diagnostics - unlimited manufacturer-specific in-depth diagnostics of all installed electronic modules and standard On-board diagnostics (OBD).
With the manufacturer-specific diagnosis, you can save more than 80 EUR on workshop costs. This kind of diagnosis is available for Carly’s core brands such as BMW, VAG, Toyota, Mercedes, Renault, and Porsche which have been long in development and therefore have more functions available (manufacturer-specific fault codes can be found).
For Carly’s non-core brands which have been implemented recently, we offer only generic OBD functions (On-board diagnostics and live parameters). Generic OBD, superficial error codes or parameters (not manufacturer-specific) can be found and displayed.
👉Please differentiate between fault-codes and INFO fault-codes:
Info fault-codes are not active fault-codes. They used to be active in the past but were fixed. Often, these are electronic faults in the communication of the respective control unit. We are sorry that we don’t explain it better in the app. Don’t worry, you must only fix the active fault-codes, not info-codes 😊
Fault-codes in the diagnostics report
INFO fault codes in the diagnostics report
And this is how fault codes and INFO fault codes look like in the Carly App:
Before searching for errors with diagnostics, please make sure that all these conditions are fulfilled:
- Your car brand and model are supported. You can find the list of the supported models and functions here
- The engine runs while you are performing car diagnostics
- Make sure that you have the full version of the Carly app. The manufacturer-specific faults are displayed and can be deleted only in the full version. In the free Carly Lite app, you can only read out generic OBD fault codes
- Make sure that you use the latest version of the app (you can check which is the latest version in app stores)
Now try to connect to your vehicle. If there is no conection, follow these steps:
- reinstall the app and restart your phone
- remove all Bluetooth devices from your Bluetooth list
- activate "Location" in your phone settings
- unplug and replug the adapter and check that the blue LED flashes once per second (If this is not the case, then write us how your adapter flashes)
- make sure your Bluetooth is activated (do not manually connect to the adapter in the settings of your phone)
- start the engine
- start the app and select the right car brand and model
- click on "connect" inside the app
- make sure to choose the right adapter model from the app adapter list / check if you chose the right adapter
We recommend to use the Carly Universal adapter for better speed.
Info regarding BMW:
The speed of diagnosis of F/G-Models is lower on purpose. This ensures that as many ECUs as possible are found in your F/G model. The speed of diagnosis of E-models should be sufficient.